- Access Statement
- Shop and reception accessible via ramp and wide doorway with sill.
- The whole site slopes gently away from the main entrance but is effectively quite level.
- Touring pitches have a mix of grass and hard standings, and space for one car parked next to the caravan.
- Tent pitches are grass and have parking for one car next to the tent.
- Shower & toilet block has ramped access. Ladies and gents toilets have 1 wider cubicle with grab rail.
- Separate purpose built disabled room with shower cubicle with shower seat, toilet and basin with grab rails.
- Access roads on the campsite are stone tracks with an uneven surface.
- Public payphone via wide doorway with sill and 4G mobile Vodaphone/O2.
- Paid access WI-FI available.
- Car parking close to shop and facilities with no designated bays for wheelchair users.
- Guide dogs welcome on site and in the shop.
- Ramped access to shop and toilet and shower block.
- Launderette is accessible by 2 steps via covered dish washing area with seating available.
Updated 26th September 2019
Pitton Cross Caravan and Camping Park - OUR Fire and Emergency Evacuation plan
1 The actions to take on discovering a fire;
• Immediately warn anyone in the premises by shouting fire.
• If an electrical appliance is on fire isolate any electrical power, but only if it is safe to do so.
2 Who is responsible for calling the Fire & Rescue Service;
• The person in charge of the premises will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the Fire Service is called.
• If that person is unable to do so then any other person should do so.
3 How to call the Fire & Rescue Service;
• By dialling 999 and asking for the Fire service.
4 The actions to take upon hearing an alarm;
• Persons with responsibilities for Pitton Cross Caravan and Camping Park, i.e. owners and employees, will ensure that;
• All persons are ushered safely out of any building using any available fire exits and assembled at the assembly point.
• The premises are cleared of people.
• The Fire Brigade is called.
• A roll call is made to ensure everyone is out if appropriate.
• Attack the fire if possible, using an appropriate fire extinguisher, only if it is safe to do so and without taking any personal risks.
5 Arrangements for fighting the fire;
• Fire extinguishers are located in various buildings.
• Persons with responsibilities, i.e. owners, employees, etc, must make themselves familiar with the locations of the fire extinguishers and their method of operation throughout any buildings on the site.
6 Location of the assembly point;
• The Lower Car Park by the flag pole stand (wooden).
7 How the evacuation of the building will be carried out;
• Everyone in the building will leave the building by the nearest exit and report to the assembly point at the Lower Car Park.
• Do not stop to take personal belongings or re-enter the building until informed that it is safe to do so by the Fire Service.
• All exit doors can be used as escape routes.
8 Arrangements for the safe evacuation of people identified as being especially at risk, such as those with disabilities;
• The person in charge of the premises at the time i.e. owners, employees, etc, must take responsibility for any disabled person on the premises and ensure that they are assisted to leave the building by the nearest exit.
9 Procedures for liaising with the Fire Brigade on arrival and notifying them of any specific risks;
• If a fire occurs, the person in charge of the premises will liaise with the Fire Brigade on their arrival and inform them specifically as to the location of the fire and what is on fire.
10 The following arrangements and training is to be given to employees;
• Fire Drills at least once a year, preferably every 6 months.
• Fire briefing (go through the Fire Risk Assessment and this Emergency Action Plan) once a year, this may be in conjunction with a fire drill.
• How to choose a suitable fire extinguisher and operating procedures.
• Record of all fire safety training to be kept within Fire Manual Log Book.
We hold in the shop/reception First Aid Kit, Defibrilator and a Burns Kit.
Dated 26th September 2019